What are the benefits of hiring a wedding coordinator and why should you consider one? Many people will assure you that there’s a lot more time and effort that goes into wedding planning than expected, and that it’s better to hire a wedding coordinator if you want everything to be perfect in the big day. This should surprise no one: the benefits of having a day of wedding coordinator range from taking off the burden of planning the monthly or day of coordinator duties from your shoulders, to making your wedding an actual celebration to remember with clever ideas, so the reasons to hire a day of coordinator truly outweigh the disadvantages (if such things exist.).
Benefits of Hiring a Wedding Coordinator
If you need more convincing, we recommend you to check our list of benefits of hiring a wedding coordinator and skim through the day of coordinator duties that will surely make you reconsider. As we said, the reasons to hire a day of coordinator are far more numerous than what you think.
What’s Exactly a Wedding Coordinator?
Wedding coordinators are your second-in-command in the wedding planning. Basically, you tell them what you want for your wedding day and they will take the lead from there.
Wedding coordinators work months or weeks prior to the ceremony in order to put things together. They’ll take over what you’ve managed to do until now and make sure everything’s in order while you relish in your big day.
What Are Some Day of Coordinator Duties?
The day of coordinator duties vary, at least according to the level of coordination you hire. It’s up to you how much involvement you want them to have in the planning, coordination and execution.
- Day-Of Coordination: As the name implies, coordinators work only during the big day, according to the planning that the couple has already done on their own.
- Month-of Coordination: The couple does most of the planning, but their wedding coordinator finishes everything with the vendors, wedding music, and all above.
What are the benefits of hiring a wedding coordinator?
Finally, here are the main reasons to hire a day of coordinator:
- Professional wedding coordinators say an average wedding takes 200+ to plan. However, you can save time if you hire a wedding coordinator that serves as a middleman between you and your desired services.
- A good wedding coordinator saves you money because they help you find quality, yet cost-effective services.
- Precisely because wedding coordinators spend most of their time socializing with vendors, vendors love to speak with them, and can even reach nice deals with them.
- A good wedding planner gives excellent advice. They will respect your ideas, of course, but they know the ins and outs of the industry, so if you listen to them, they can improve your original plan.
- Weddings are stressful, especially when the couple’s families bicker with each other during the planning. A good coordinator saves relationships by acting as their middleman.
- Your wedding coordinator will assemble your dreams and make them come true. Remember they’re the experts in this industry, so it’s safe to entrust your ideas to them.
- All coordinators will always act on your behalf during your wedding, becoming the contact point for all vendors and guests during the big day while you prepare and relax.
- The best thing about wedding coordinators is that, if something unplanned happens, they can “put out the fires” so that guests don’t notice. Every flaw or unpleasant surprise will be thoroughly patched.
Finally, some last considerations.
What is the difference between a wedding planner and a wedding coordinator?
Understandably so, planners and coordinators get mixed all the time because of their similarities. However, planners can help you from the beginning and do the thinking in your stead, whereas coordinators take your ideas and make them come true, usually shortly before the wedding day.
Do you really need a wedding coordinator?
Short answer? Definitely. They’ll take the reins of the greatest hassles on your special day, and it’s better to relax shortly before the ceremony, or else, you won’t enjoy it at all.
To summarize, the major reasons to hire a day of coordinator (and the benefits of having a day of wedding coordinator for that matter) can be summed up this way: they’ll let you fully enjoy the ceremony, all the while the planning goes according to your expectations. The day of coordinator duties basically revolve on taking over the planning you’ve done already and make your dreams come true. This is why we sincerely recommend you to consider a coordinator for your wedding: the benefits of hiring a wedding coordinator are way too good to say no.